Tuesday 28 May 2019

CAMS 2019

This last Saturday I attended a local hobby show for what I think is the sixth time now. This was the Capital Area Modelers Society 31st Annual Spring Classic Scale Model Show.

There were more Sci-Fi and Fantasy entries this year than I have seen to date, it was great. There were a few people missing from previous years but not without good reason. I'll probably see them next year.

Like all of my previous years I entered four kits. Two 1/100 IBO kits that I had built as a matched set, Vidar and Barbatos Lupus both with some light modifications, colour scheme and some light weathering. Again I would have really liked to have done some diorama type stuff for these two but I was running short on time as usual and I came to the conclusion that I need more space.


I still need to post some completed photo galleries for both of these very soon.

A friend gave me this HG 1/144 Graze Ritter kit and I decided pretty early on that I would build, modify it and paint. Enter the show with it and then return it to him.


The last kit was the most surprising for me, I hadn't really documented a work-in-progress for it but I had tried to keep it very tidy and a few minimal mods. The HGBD 1/144 No-Name Astray got Gold, and Best in Class Sci-Fi/Fantasy Figures and Best in Class Sci-Fi/Fantasy. I was more than a little bit surprised. This is the first time I have ever done this well at a hobby show.







No comments:

Post a Comment