Thursday, 23 January 2014

Completed Kits #2: HG Seravee II

This is my first completed kit of 2014, this was really my second entry into the Gundam Eclipse 2013 Modified/Kit-Bash Group Build the first being the AGE-1 Razor but I suspect some of that got eaten.

HG Seravee II, completed January 23, 2014.
If you want to check out more pictures of the Seravee II you can check out my Facebook Image Gallery or my Google+ Album.

Friday, 17 January 2014

HG Seravee II WIP #2

Work in progress from December 28, 2013 to January 1, 2014.

This is my second entry into the Gundam Eclipse 2013 Modified/Kitbash Group Build.

In somewhat better news I've made some progress with my Seravee II. I've got a bit more pla-plate added to the chest and I've appended the side skirts with ball joints and kibble from the HG 0 Gundam kit that also donated its hips and upper legs.

I think there is a bit more work to be done here, I don't intend to follow the line art at this point. I want to at least smooth over the top portion of the torso around the head.

With the waist I trimmed off a bit of the excess plastic from the former HG Seravee kit and cleaned it up with a bit of pla-plate. Then with the waist components from the HG 0 Gundam I attached the female ball joint connector. I also used a portion of the HG 0 Gundam`s side skirts glued up under the Seravee II`s as the male connector.

I started by cleaning up a few odds and ends, puttied the skeleton of the legs to smooth things over, 
removed the seams in the shoulders, added a thin pla-plate sheet to the sides of the upper legs to 
get rid of the gaps in my original build, and removed the peg holes from the beam bazookas.

I've started the initial parts of painting the kit, for some reason the lighting in the room I'm in seems
to be making the black I used look quite faded.

You can see more pictures of this build in my Google+ Album or my Facebook Gallery.

Monday, 13 January 2014

Pre-Blog Kits #9: HGUC Re-GZ

Its been a very long time since I worked on this one, my best guess as to when I finished it is early 2012 for the annual Hobby Link Japan contest (that was the first one, if I recall correctly). Anyway as per the rules of the contest I wasn't allowed to post images of the kit anywhere until after the contest was well over.

HGUC Re-GZ and BWS, completed April 16, 2012
HGUC Re-GZ and BWS, completed April 16, 2012
This kit is a bit or a rarity for me I went back to work on it more after I deemed it completed for the contest adding a bit more weathering here and there and a handful of decals.

HGUC Re-GZ, completed April 16, 2012
If you would like to see more of this kit you can check out the Facebook Image Gallery.


Re-GZ - REfined Gundam Zeta, a pre-mass production transformable mobile suit. Rather than using the complex and costly transformation system used in the Zeta Gundam, it instead docks with a Back Weapons System or BWS to form a Waverider like form for greater speed and mobility.

Wednesday, 1 January 2014

Overview of 2013

So I haven't completed all that many kits this year, and with the Seravee II and AGE-1R rolling along steadily 2014 is already looking to be a much more fast paced year for me.

First done was the HMM Shadow Fox, on May 21, 2013. I'm really quite pleased with how this one turned out, especially since it was my first HMM kit.

Gundam Eclipse Showroom - HMM Shadow Fox Ver. War
Facebook Image Gallery - Shadow Fox

HMM Shadow Fox, May 21, 2014

Next up, was the HGUC GM Wagtail, completed on July 5, 2013. I think this kit probably represents the finest work I've done with a High Grade kit to date.

Gundam Eclipse Showroom - GM Wagtail
Facebook Image Gallery - GM Wagtail
Google+ Album - GM Wagtail

HGUC GM Wagtail, July 5, 2013
LBX Proto I, came next in my own rather funky colour scheme, on October 1, 2013. With this one I experimented a bit more with putty and removing seam line and I'm quite pleased with the work I did on it.

LBX Proto I, October 1, 2013

The final kit I finished up this year, the HG G-EXES 100 completed on December 9, 2013. This particular kit was one very drag on battle given that I started it in December of 2012 and then lost motivation to finish due to some airbrush troubles.

HG G-EXES 100, December 9, 2013