Thursday 17 December 2015

Mass Production Valvrave "Zaku" WIP #1

Been trying to get it back in gear again, seeing as the year is almost to an end, and I've been a complete bum for an extended period.

So I have been working on learning how to air brush a bit and there is nothing better to practice on than impulse buys. I have to stop shopping directly after watching an anime, those toy adverts get me every time.

Anyway about the time around when Iron Blooded Orphans promo stuff started coming out, remember all that speculation about how the promo outline kind of looked like Valvrave the Liberator. When the anime finally started coming out there were some real similarities in the styles of the mecha in both anime, and the Graze was so close in basic shape that it got me thinking.

What would a mass production Valvrave look like; none of those silly loopy things and maybe a command antenna wouldn't be out of place.

I started by removing some seam lines, the dual coloured panels while kind of neat to look at weren't really a good fit for my idea of what this should be.


I sealed up the seam lines on the shoulders just for good measure and have come to regret it just now when I assembled them after paint and they broke.


Here's the aforementioned command antenna.


I tried to smooth at a lot of the line leaving only the most basic shapes, I thought it would give it a slightly more "mass production" feel to it.


Progress as it stands now, sans shoulder because I'm still repairing those. [Insert Facepalm].
I think overall it could still use a lot of touch ups, but I'm honestly pretty pleased with what I've done so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment