Thursday 18 May 2017

Completed Kits #22: KG-6 Sleipnir

Yet another Kotobukiya painted orange! this one even more so than the last one.
Like that kit I've built this for a local hobby show, CAMS 2017.

So I started this kit around this time last year, but never finished until just recently, it was a good mix of sheer laziness and that I just couldn't find a shade of orange that was a good fit. I did all of the prep work when I was working on it last year but I managed to lose the photos (or more likely just neglected to take any at the time).

Anyway, I have finished it up properly now; the orange is a New Haven Orange by Badger Flex, I had the absolute worst time trying to spray this stuff it supposedly pre-thinned but it wasn't spraying well so I then thinned it and it still wouldn't spray cleanly. Anyway the rest of my colour selection are the usual culprits Vallejo paints and pigments. I felt that this kit needed some really heavy weathering to make it fit in the show it comes from where its considered to be less than a grunt.



























No comments:

Post a Comment