Thursday 14 November 2013

Pre-Blog Kits #5: LBX Proto I

LBX Proto I, completed October 1 2013

I built this kit for Gundam Eclipse's 2013 LBX Group Build, with this kit I just tried a few different and new things and had bit of fun with it. To begin with this is a very inexpensive kit 1200 JPY or around 13~14 CAD, it was a victim of one perspective design, things really only like right if you look at them from specific perspective otherwise you'll be seeing a lot of holes. So what I did with this kit was fill in the holes, glue up the seam lines and sand a great deal. For the colour scheme I decided on something a little more adventurous by comparison with the usual for me; Krylon's purple, orange, ivory, oil-brushed bronze, copper, and red, with a few specific details picked out in Vallejo's red a black.

LBX Proto I, completed October 1 2013

You can see more pictures of the Proto I at the Facebook Gallery or on the Google+ Album.

Notes:

LBX - a poor attempt at making an acronym, Little Battler eXperience. Evidently the entire line-up is in 1/1 scale, and standing no taller the the average can of pop. 

Proto I - I was personally corrected on this multiple times, the "I" in the name isn't the roman numeral one, but is rather "I" the letter as in Ikaros, a figure in a Greek legend.

No comments:

Post a Comment